Pace incoporates a student proctoring requirement designed to maintain the integrity of the Pace University/NACTEL program. We find it to everyone’s benefit (NACTEL’s, Pace’s and yours) to periodically verify student identification.
The intent of this requirement is to help us verify that the person who completed the exam followed all necessary guidelines and is actually the individual receiving credit for the course.
Pace University has a legal agreement with ProctorU, a reputable company, to supervise proctored exams. ProctorU is an online proctoring center in which students can take their proctored exams from home or anywhere as long as they have a webcam, microphone and speakers. You are responsible for any fees charged by ProctorU. Beginning Fall 2021, the ProctorU fees will be incorporated as ‘course fees’ and will be part of your tuition invoice.
For a step by step guide to how ProctorU works, look at the How it Works.
Once the semester begins and you have access to your courses, you can view detailed Proctor Examination Information that will let you know which tests will require a proctor, and when they are due. Typically, only one or two examinations per course will require the supervision of a proctor. Make sure to review the Information on Setting up a Proctored Exam.
As a student, it is your responsibility to setup an account with ProctorU. Please follow the steps below.
- Go to https://www.proctoru.com/portal/pace-university and bookmark that for future reference
- Click on the video link to watch how the process will work.
- Then click on the link for “SIGN UP” and follow the steps to create your account as a Test-Taker.
- Fill in the form with your information.
- Once your account has been set up, return to the homepage and scroll down the page to read through ALL the information that is provided and download the necessary plug-in that will be needed for exams.