How you’ll take classes
Pace uses a variety of media to deliver and teach classes
Once you’ve registered for classes, you’ll receive a user ID to access our learning management system – Classes*. Here you will find everything from information about your instructor and classmates to instructional materials, reading materials, homework assignments, discussion boards, and other course resources. You’ll visit Classes every week to access lectures, new assignments and connect with classmates. To get a better sense of what online learning is like at Pace, visit About Online Learning.
*Classes is Pace’s learning management system provided as Brightspace by Desire to Learn
The courses are specially designed and typically offered in 12 – 15 week semesters to allow for the degree to be completed in a minimum of 2 years.
However, to allow for personal schedules, the program is flexible enough to accommodate students who wish to take only one course per semester or who wish to take a semester off with intentions of returning.
The Pace University/NACTEL programs are part-time.
There are three semesters each year that generally run as follows:
- The spring semester starts in January
- The summer semester starts in May
- The Fall semester starts in September
You can visit our Calendar to get a clearer picture of when each semester starts, and when you need to register.
• Courses led by instructors with weekly assignments and deadlines;
• To spend between 12-16 hours per week on each course;
• To use a variety of media, including the Internet to access Classes – our courseware. Here you will find course materials and external resources, email and discussion boards for communication, traditional textbooks and, in some cases, streaming media to support lecture notes;
• Mid-terms, finals and group projects;
• Access to mentors and tutors ¬ who are either involved in the program, the telecommunications industry or specialists in the subject matter of a particular class.