How you’ll take classes
Pace uses a variety of media to deliver and teach classes
Once you’ve registered for classes, you’ll receive a user ID to access our learning management system – Classes*. Here you will find everything from information about your instructor and classmates to instructional materials, reading materials, homework assignments, discussion boards, and other course resources. You’ll visit Classes every week to access lectures, new assignments and connect with classmates. To get a better sense of what online learning is like at Pace, visit About Online Learning.
*Classes is Pace’s learning management system provided as Brightspace by Desire to Learn
The courses are specially designed and typically offered in 12 – 15 week semesters to allow for the degree to be completed in a minimum of 2 years.
However, to allow for personal schedules, the program is flexible enough to accommodate students who wish to take only one course per semester or who wish to take a semester off with intentions of returning.
The Pace University/NACTEL programs are part-time.
There are three semesters each year that generally run as follows:
- The spring semester starts in January
- The summer semester starts in May
- The Fall semester starts in September
You can visit our Calendar to get a clearer picture of when each semester starts, and when you need to register.
• Courses led by instructors with weekly assignments and deadlines;
• To spend between 12-16 hours per week on each course;
• To use a variety of media, including the Internet to access Classes – our courseware. Here you will find course materials and external resources, email and discussion boards for communication, traditional textbooks and, in some cases, streaming media to support lecture notes;
• Mid-terms, finals and group projects;
• Access to mentors and tutors ¬ who are either involved in the program, the telecommunications industry or specialists in the subject matter of a particular class.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Bachelor of ARTs in LIBERAL STUDIES
Liberal Studies is an interdisciplinary program of 120 credits designed for transfer and advanced students. Eligible applicants should have completed a minimum of 24 college credits.
Many of the people we see in the liberal studies program are eclectic learners who have been resistant to boxes and the academic timeline. We want to nurture those aspects of their learning experience. The standard path doesn’t work for everyone, and we do not want to exhaust anyone’s resilience or patience with a college experience. There is a lot of respect for someone who has chosen Pace as their last college stop.
Stephanie Hsu, Associate Professor
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program gives students the opportunity to create an individualized plan of study so they can focus on the courses that are most relevant to their interests and career goals. When choosing a concentration, the student works closely with advisers from the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Studies, Marketing and Management Concentration
Earn this degree from the Lubin School of Business, which is dully-accredited in business and accounting from AACSB international, as elite distinction shared by fewer than 3% of institutions worldwide. Large and small businesses alike can benefit greatly from marketers who are adept at applying mathematics and data analytics to their strategic marketing efforts.
Pace University’s online BBA in Business Studies with a Marketing and Management concentration prepares students to become highly sought-after marketing professionals. Students will take an in-depth look into marketing techniques, organizational business structures, including cultural differences in multinational business operations. In addition to developing a modern marketing and managerial skillset, the program develops well-rounded business professionals who are able to work in teams and analyze challenges from varying business perspectives.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Studies, Finance Concentration
Our BBA in Business Studies with a Finance concentration prepares students for the corporate world by giving them an in-depth look into financial management. With the help of experienced practitioners, students learn to analyze a firm’s current and future financial condition, manage firm assets, identify sources of short and long-term financing, and time financial strategies.
Graduates from our program are well-versed in securities and investments, money and capital markets, and investment risk analysis, and can go on to pursue careers as financial advisors, bankers, accountants, and financial analysts.
Bachelor of Science in Professional Technology Studies, Business Technology Leadership Concentration
The need for technology experts with effective business leadership skills has increased as the field of Information Technology continues to advance. Students in the Business Technology Leadership degree will graduate with leadership skills and credentials to propel their career forward.
- A strong foundation in technical aspects of technology leadership
- Business skills necessary to be a dynamic leader in the organization
- An understanding of effective communication between individuals from diverse domestic and international culture
Since these courses are highly technical and offered only at the Bachelor’s level, you must meet ALL the prerequisite requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in order to participate.
Bachelor of Science in Professional Technology Studies, Telecommunications Concentration
The online Bachelor of Science in Professional Technology Studies, Telecommunications Concentration prepares students for many intermediate and advanced positions in the telecommunications industry.
The goal of this program is to prepare students for successful professions in a global economy, even in the midst of rapid technological change. The B.S. Professional Technology Studies, Telecommunications Concentration provides:
- A solid understanding of emerging telecommunications technologies, including Fiber Optics, Broadband, Voice Over IP and Wireless
- A strong base in the fundamental industry concepts and practices
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills using computer technology
- A keen awareness of telecom industry management and operations
Teamwork, communications and career development skills and best practices