Master of Science in Cybersecurity
Pace University’s MS in Cybersecurity will train you for the tech workforce of the future, where you can join a growing set of highly skilled cyber warriors that serve and protect people and their data. With a master’s degree in Cybersecurity, you will be in the perfect position to join the ranks of security professionals who work to defend individuals, businesses, government, and not-for-profit organizations from hackers, phishing scams, data theft, and more.
Our curriculum blends theoretical and practical cyber defense knowledge to develop strong problem-solving abilities. Through virtual labs and project-based learning, students not only gain vital information security knowledge, but they get the opportunity to put theory into practice. Our courses adhere to the NSA’s rigorous set of standards and equip professionals with the in-demand skills employers look for. Because of this, our program has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE).
Our 30-credit-hour online program can be completed in only 1 year, full-time or 2 years, part-time. We offer two concentrations and a general track:
· The Cyber Operations concentration focuses on the technical aspects of protecting computing systems, reconnaissance, and exploitation in cyberspace.
· The Cybersecurity Leadership concentration prepares students for cybersecurity leadership roles such as chief information security officer, with knowledge of technology, policy, risk management, and governance.
· Students who choose not to specialize can complete a general track, in which they choose elective courses from a curated list of cybersecurity-related topics.
Those without the below prerequisite courses can still apply, but will be required to take these courses prior to beginning the core courses in the program.
Prerequisite courses including:
- CS601C or Equivalencies: Computational Statistics
- IS612, CS502 or Equivalencies: Introduction to Coding or Fundamental Computer Science I Using Java
- IS632 or Equivalencies: Business Data Communications
The Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems is a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, as designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Candidates are required to hold a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. A 3.0 undergraduate GPA is preferred, though we use a qualitative approach when looking at applications. We require three prerequisite courses (9 credits) to enter the MS in Cybersecurity program, which should appear in your prior academic transcripts. They include:
- CS601C or Equivalent: Computational Statistics
- IS612, CS502 or Equivalent: Introduction to Coding or Fundamental Computer Science I Using Java
- IS632 or Equivalent: Business Data Communications
Prerequisites cannot be waived, but applicants can be accepted without them. However, all prerequisite courses will need to be completed before starting foundation/core courses in the program.
- Completed online application
- Two letters of recommendation (academic and professional)
- Personal statement
- Prerequisite courses or bridge courses upon entering the program
- Official college/university transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- GRE and GMAT scores are not required.
Transcripts can be sent to:
Graduate Admission Office
Graduate Application Processing Center
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
Digital Transcripts can be sent to:
International students must also submit:
To satisfy the Proof of English Requirement, we will accept TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson PTE, or Duolingo academic scores.
Careers in Cybersecurity
- Chief information security officer (CISO)
- Computer information systems manager
- Computer network architect
- Cybercrime analyst/investigator
- Cyber security analyst/consultant
- Cyber security architect
- Cyber security director
- Cyber security engineer
- Cyber security manager/administrator
- Cyber security specialist/technician
- Incident analyst/responder
- Information security analyst
- IT auditor
- Penetration and vulnerability tester
- Software developer
- Credits Required: 30-39
- Cost Per Credit: $951
READY TO GET STARTED?
Bachelor of ARTs in LIBERAL STUDIES
Liberal Studies is an interdisciplinary program of 120 credits designed for transfer and advanced students. Eligible applicants should have completed a minimum of 24 college credits.
Many of the people we see in the liberal studies program are eclectic learners who have been resistant to boxes and the academic timeline. We want to nurture those aspects of their learning experience. The standard path doesn’t work for everyone, and we do not want to exhaust anyone’s resilience or patience with a college experience. There is a lot of respect for someone who has chosen Pace as their last college stop.
Stephanie Hsu, Associate Professor
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program gives students the opportunity to create an individualized plan of study so they can focus on the courses that are most relevant to their interests and career goals. When choosing a concentration, the student works closely with advisers from the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Studies, Marketing and Management Concentration
Earn this degree from the Lubin School of Business, which is dully-accredited in business and accounting from AACSB international, as elite distinction shared by fewer than 3% of institutions worldwide. Large and small businesses alike can benefit greatly from marketers who are adept at applying mathematics and data analytics to their strategic marketing efforts.
Pace University’s online BBA in Business Studies with a Marketing and Management concentration prepares students to become highly sought-after marketing professionals. Students will take an in-depth look into marketing techniques, organizational business structures, including cultural differences in multinational business operations. In addition to developing a modern marketing and managerial skillset, the program develops well-rounded business professionals who are able to work in teams and analyze challenges from varying business perspectives.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Studies, Finance Concentration
Our BBA in Business Studies with a Finance concentration prepares students for the corporate world by giving them an in-depth look into financial management. With the help of experienced practitioners, students learn to analyze a firm’s current and future financial condition, manage firm assets, identify sources of short and long-term financing, and time financial strategies.
Graduates from our program are well-versed in securities and investments, money and capital markets, and investment risk analysis, and can go on to pursue careers as financial advisors, bankers, accountants, and financial analysts.
Bachelor of Science in Professional Technology Studies, Business Technology Leadership Concentration
The need for technology experts with effective business leadership skills has increased as the field of Information Technology continues to advance. Students in the Business Technology Leadership degree will graduate with leadership skills and credentials to propel their career forward.
- A strong foundation in technical aspects of technology leadership
- Business skills necessary to be a dynamic leader in the organization
- An understanding of effective communication between individuals from diverse domestic and international culture
Since these courses are highly technical and offered only at the Bachelor’s level, you must meet ALL the prerequisite requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in order to participate.
Bachelor of Science in Professional Technology Studies, Telecommunications Concentration
The online Bachelor of Science in Professional Technology Studies, Telecommunications Concentration prepares students for many intermediate and advanced positions in the telecommunications industry.
The goal of this program is to prepare students for successful professions in a global economy, even in the midst of rapid technological change. The B.S. Professional Technology Studies, Telecommunications Concentration provides:
- A solid understanding of emerging telecommunications technologies, including Fiber Optics, Broadband, Voice Over IP and Wireless
- A strong base in the fundamental industry concepts and practices
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills using computer technology
- A keen awareness of telecom industry management and operations
Teamwork, communications and career development skills and best practices