Master of Arts in Communications and Digital Media
The 36-credit online MA in Communications and Digital Media explores multiple forms of media and communications. Students will engage in media projects and have the opportunity to explore this field of study by choosing between a thesis project or an internship. In addition to expanding one’s knowledge of the media and communications industry, students will gain hands-on experience creating digital media content and campaigns. The program also offers students the flexibility to pursue one of two optional, focused, in-depth concentrations:
Digital Filmmaking and Media Production
This concentration is ideal for those who want to express their creativity in the film and media industry. Students will gain hands-on experience with every stage of media production, from script writing to post-production video editing.
Social Media and Public Relations
This concentration explores different types of communication that are essential for businesses to succeed today, from coursework covering corporate communications and reputation management to classes that give you hands-on experience with digital media innovation.
Students who decide not to pursue a concentration are able to choose the electives that best meet their goals.
Candidates are required to hold a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. A 3.0 undergraduate GPA is preferred, though we use a qualitative approach when looking at applications.
- Completed online application
- Affiliate members must submit affiliation confirmation letter
- Two letters of recommendation (academic and professional)
- Personal statement
- Official college/university transcripts from all previously attended institutions. Official transcripts should be sent directly from the institution to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Graduate Admission Office
Graduate Application Processing Center
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
- Portfolio (samples of prior work, for example: press releases, advertisements, presentations, writing examples, etc.)
- GRE and GMAT scores are not required.
International students must also submit:
To satisfy the Proof of English Requirement, we will accept TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson PTE, or Duolingo academic scores.
- Required Credits: 36
- Cost Per Credit: $866